where unpleasant words go when they die



rain day

rain in muscat is a much-loved,much-needed break,but sometimes life just jumps too far off its rails...
Haha
startd rainin in recess.first thought was of football,but thanks to teachers,that little joy could not be availed.
So we came in droves,and simply stood in the rain,mouthing curses at teachers,and runnin about,lookin at gals with open,wet(and kinda sexy)hair,and getting gloriously wet,as the school field turned once again,to a rectangular patch of muck...
In the last 3 periods,i had some crappy,crappy times, stuck a HELP ME sign at the window right behind my place in class,in the hope that someone,anyone would get me outta the drab,drab classroom,and into the rain...but sadly,to no effect...
After school,the rain let up,and the sun shone through...searched for a rainbow,but found nothing.
Decided to try and bunk tuitions,and called kamu from a payphone sayin that i wouldnt make it...then ran to check if my bus had left,only to find that all the senior students of my bus were stranded too...went to a friends place,and rang up mom.she said she mite not be able to pick me up,as the traffic was very very shitty,and said that it would be a good idea to stay at a friends place nearby,and then go to tuitions directly,to which i agreed...walked back to school to find someone to hang with,and got a burger...a friend asked me to come watch some friends at dance practice at the social club(right next to school)...so i watched them hang about and do their thing till about 3:30,when i left for tuitions.
Reached kamus place by cab,went inside her house,and she tells me that tuitions had been canceled at the last moment.
So there.i catch a cab back to school,and play football\rugby on a basketball court with a tennis ball in the rain,and call up dad and ask him to pick me up from school.i spend the next twenty minutes talkin to a friend.and reach some very shitty conclusions.
Dad arrives.i get in the car,and listen to a bullshit story my driver gave to my dad as an explanation for my failure to get home on time.
Reach home,make myself masala chai,drank it with choc chip cookies,and now here i am,soakin in the hot tub,typin out this memoir on my phone...

2 comments: